I promised a response to Kelly, who tagged me in “The Next Big Thing” meme, so here goes.
1. What is the title of your book?
It’s been “that YA steampunk book I’m working on” for so long, it’s hard not to think of that as the title. 😉
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I think it came from me wondering where all the lost and forgotten things from our world (or other worlds) end up.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Young adult second-world steampunk fantasy.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I’ll leave that to the casting director.
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of the book?
A sixteen-year-old scrapper discovers that her gift for fixing machines may be the only thing that can save her best friend.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Hopefully represented by an agency.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About four months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
The adventure elements may appeal to fans of Scott Westerfeld’s Leviathan series.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My protagonist. Once I had her in my head, I had to write her story.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
There are trains, and sky raiders, and poisonous dust…and some kissing.