Well, I don’t do everything Kelly tells me. But I’ll do this, because it makes an easy post.
Plus, I doubt it will go well if I start riffing on the swimsuit thing…
1. What is the title of your book?
The current working title is- The First Alchemist
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I did about half of a short story about a virgin sacrifice to a dragon in a victorian setting. The story ended up not working out, but thinking about it lead to more ambitious things.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
If the contract allows me to choose the actors, I’ve signed with the wrong studio.
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of the book?
Hmm. I’m not far enough along to have a good elevator pitch yet. Something along the lines of not fitting into the world, so they broke it. If I can make that work without seeming too goofily pretentious.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It’s going to be published exclusively on my hard drive until it’s done.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Well it’s not done yet, so hard to say. Around six months, if everything goes like usual.
8. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
Let’s stay broad and just go with styles now– New Weird + Paranormal Romance + Epic Fantasy.
Pirates, disease, evil elves, dragons and guns. What more do you want? Bestiality?
(Don’t worry, it’s very tastefully done of course.)